For journalists and media at the World Chess Cup 2011
1. Accreditation Rules
Accreditation of journalists and the media at the World Chess Cup 2011 in Khanty-Mansiysk will take place at the Concert-Theatric Centre «Ugra-Classic» with the aim of maintaining a good working relationship with the media and for creating the necessary conditions for doing professional work on the part of the journalists and the media, and for the complete and authentic coverage of the Cup.
2. Right of Accreditation
Editorial offices have the right to accredit journalists to present the media at the Cup. The media's Editorial Office is entitled to accredit not more than four journalists to the event.
3. Order of Accreditation
In order to get an accreditation, it is necessary to submit an application to the Executive Board. Accreditation of Media will take place at the Concert-Theatric Centre «Ugra-Classic» (27th of August) and Ugra Chess Academy (28th of August till 20th of September). Sending the Applications for Accreditation to the Executive Board has to be done from June 15th 2011 till August 12th 2011 at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Accreditation Certificates will be received individually by every accredited journalist.
4. Primary rules for working with accredited journalists
The Press Center will provide the necessary professional working conditions to accredited journalists such as:
- Information on current events
- Opportunity to participate in all press conferences
- Help in organizing meetings with the participants and organizers of the Tournament
- Additional information materials
- Daily press announcements
- Internet access
5. Accredited journalists are obliged to:
- Not to interfere in the course of events they attend unless they are organized for the press
- To adhere to the procedures set for events in the course of holding the Cup
- To carry the accreditation badge on them at all times
6. Activities of the Match Press Center
- The Press Center will be opened on August 25th 2011 at The Ugra Chess Academy.
- Opening hours of the Press Center: 10:00 a.m. — 22:00 p.m.
7. Regulations for photographers and TV-staff
Only photographers and camera crew expressly authorized by the Press Officer may work in the playing venue.
- When more than 16 players are competing, flash may be used only during the first ten minutes.
- When 16 players or less are competing, flash may only be used during the first five minutes.
- In tiebreak games flash may only be used in the first three minutes. In case of 5 minutes and sudden death games, the use of flash is not permitted; the use of cameras without flash may only be permitted if the Arbiter in charge deems their use to be unobtrusive.
- Television cameras must be unobtrusive and may only be used if the Arbiter in charge deems their use to be unobtrusive.
- An official photographer, designated by the Organizers with the approval of the Chief Arbiter shall be allowed to take photos at any time during the round without flash.
8. Contact person:
Cell: +7 904 465 9595